Friday 23 October 2015

My Front Cover

Front Cover
 
For being such a simple design this piece had been the hardest to develop. I wanted my front cover to follow notions simplistic theme as well as adding a unique twist.
 

The barcode



The first step in the making of my magazine was to decide where to place the barcode. I used an image from the internet and cropped it so it was not as large. I placed it in the centre at the bottom of the page so it did not look like it had just been placed anywhere on the magazine. I prefer when magazine have them hidden away a bit instead of in the corner where they look like big blocks.






The Masthead


I was pretty much still with a blank page so the next step was to decide where what I was going to do about making the title of the magazine. Since I had already began to use to 'Octin College' font I decided it would be bet to follow this theme and create my magazine name with this. I have decided to call my magazine 'OPUS' as I liked the fact it meant any artistic work on a large scale. I placed the title of my magazine in this particular position as magazine titles are usually placed here. The large black letter stand out to my target audience.





The band title



The next step was to make the title of my band and place it on the front cover. I used the same font as I had previously yet I made the text smaller and less noticeable so it did not take away he attention of the title of the magazine. I placed near the bottom of the page so that it would be positioned underneath the central image of my front cover.







No comments:

Post a Comment