Friday 23 October 2015

Front Cover Edits


I took two images of my female model dressed in provocative black clothing as this is usually how women are dressed on magazines. I decided on the black theme as it went with the black and white theme. I placed these two images onto the page. The effect I was looking for was that my female model was positioned smaller than the main image of the male in the band. I positioned her to the left and right of the where the main image was going to be placed.

To get the image the way it is, I had to edit the image on Photoshop. I used the magic wand tool to delete the background of the image; this left me with a transparent background and the image. Due to the fact I used the green room to take the images they had a hint of green almost everywhere. In order to get the image back to its normal colour I used the colour replacement too add the skin colour and outfit back to the normal image. I then added a greyscale feature to follow the theme of the magazine.
 


 
 




The main image was by far the hardest part of the making of my magazine. I wanted something unique to be added to my magazine so I decided I didn't want the face of the male artist on the front cover. In order to delete this I chose an area of the face with a colour I liked and I brushed the colour over the top of the face. I ensured that when I was doing this I kept the shape of his face. I decided this simple design was to be my front cover.
 

 
 
 
I have decided since then that my design is too simple and needed a little more added to it. From doing more research into notion front covers I have notice that most of the time the front covers feature the names of other bands and artists that are included inside the magazine. So from this I have decided to create some bands and artists and place them on my front cover. I brought the text in front of the image so that you could see the text. I added a shadow so that the text was more visible.
I have added more blending options to the text to that it is more visible as it seems hard to see Kodintime as it was a similar colour to the artist’s hair. I have added an outer glow with the colour of the artist’s neck, grey. I have also moved up my barcode as usually when magazines are made they slice off the bottom of the page slightly and I have added the issue number and date to either size of the barcode.


No comments:

Post a Comment