Friday 16 October 2015

My Contents Page

The Contents Page
 
I have decided to base the theme of my magazine around the fact I have named my band The Revenant which means coming back from the dead. I have used the design of a coffin to link in with this, it follows the design from little white lies which changes the design of their pages frequently to link with the articles inside of the magazine.
 
  • I found a basic image of a coffin on the internet and stencilled lines on Photoshop on top of the coffin outline. I then deleted the Google picture and it left me with the basic outline of the coffin. I linked all of the layers with lines in together and it gave me the outline of my coffin.


  • I then went onto '1001' fonts and chose Octin College font for the title of my contents page. I decided on this particular font as it follows the font I used on my flat plants. I inserted this onto my page. I named the contents page the inside as it once again follows the theme of my magazine.
To follow the magazine features of 'Notion' magazine I decided to take various images to put onto my contents page. I have used images I have took myself from concerts, I took images of in the recording studio and an image of the band I am using as the main aspect of the magazine in a grave yard. These are placed down the centre of my contents page fitted into the text.


I have fitted the text around the images. I have used two different fonts on this page, one font for the title (bands,artists), page numbers and the small text that fits in with the article underneath the page number. The other font I have used is to direct the readers to different parts of the magazine, (features, regulars, exclusives and the beginning and end of the magazine).


Finally I decided that separating the two magazine into two sections, one the beginning and one the end of magazine. I created a sub heading to direct the readers. This is my final contents page.


This is my final contents page.



 
 
.
 
 

 







 
 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment